Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Boris takes me to a lake where the citizen's of Zagreb strut there athletic selves (they are a comely people) and to a park where people walk their dogs and children giggle over ice cream. Afterwards, we visit Ruza for more family history and a look at pictures from her archives, before all three go to Boris's house for a home cooked meal. There I meet his wife, Dragana and son, Ivica (daughter, Antica, was on one of the 1,100 Croatian islands studying biology). As his wife sang to herself as she finished dinner, I try a home made wine from the island that Boris has his summer house. It tastes like a blend of wine and champagne, and after six or seven glasses, I’m a happy camper.

I didn't want to say goodbye to my cousin. But what else could we do. Tomorrow, I'm off to Zadar.









Pictures above are of Boris's son Ivica Culina, daughter Antica and wife Dragana.

No comments: